Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sike!

"A man must live in the country he interprets. He can only interpret the country in which he was born and where his people lived before him"
-N.C. Wyeth

This is my heaven piece. My teacher was gracious enough to give me more time on it, so I decided to finish it. I am so glad that it's all over. I did a lot of rendering on this piece. Not all of it is great rendering how I would like, but there was just so many elements to cover. I'm not sure if I wanna be as crazy as Rockwell and lay out mad elements. That's one of the reasons why I wanna get away from narrative pieces.

But basically the concept is an idea of heaven where it's a Saturday afternoon and all the neighbors are outside their balconies interacting with each other.

Oh yeah, and if you ever start talking the way I was talking in this video, put down the brushes and take a BREAK! I don't know what I was on. Must have been the fumes from the oils.

No comments: